Saturday, August 18, 2007

Guy's Night Out

Lately, a lot of us have been getting bored here in Beijing. So yesterday, Alex and I decided to be sort of adventurous. First we went out and explored the underground mall near us that we never knew that existed. It was pretty dang big. I think it took us at least a good 2 hours to explore the place. We got lost in there a few times too. Here's some interesting pictures of some things in the mall.
Here's a picture of a store called Cache. What's so special about this store? Well, because I have a girlfriend and have had to go shopping with her for prom dresses, this is a store that she has gotten a few dresses from. I think one cost about $180 and another $300. So I thought I had to get a picture of this place since everything was on sale, and the stuff cost like 30 RMB (~ $6).
Here's a crazy picture of a lamp inside the mall. It looks like some kind of bird's nest.
This is a picture of some kind of sculpture outside of the underground mall. Surprisingly, I've walked probably 30 yards away from this thing, and have never noticed it, including the sign behind it that says "Zhongguancun Plaza Shopping Mall".

Yeah, after we ate on one of the ground floors, Alex and I freaking found a huge food court that a huge variety of stuff. For the longest time, I've been looking for dim sum and what's called in shanghainese san ji mu da. I found it here! hahahaha So Alex and I made an oath to eat here as much as possible, for example, for every possible dinner where we don't eat out something special, we HAVE to come here to eat.

Anyways, later on, we went to Carrefour, basically a Super Wal-mart center (I think from what I understand) with a larger grocery area. For some reason, we stumbled upon face masks, and Alex mentioned how Elaine from last year wanted some with the brand name Magic. Out of pure boredom, I suggested that we try some to see what the whole fuss about them were. So, Alex and I got 1 for each of us, and tried it. Don't worry, we are just exploring our boredom and feminine side. haha

No comments: