Monday, July 23, 2007

Subpoena Afterthoughts

So I've been doing some research on this subpoena, and I found this article detailing this latest batch. In light of this, I now know by first hand how dishonest the music industry has become. By trying to trick people to indict themselves of a crime, the music industry has sunk to an even lower level than their supposedly "relentless piraters." By looking at what organizations are represented by this organization, I have come with another simple conclusion. This is small probably to these music companies but I have decided to boycott these companies by investing in their stocks. Many times I have considered buying stocks like Sony, which owns Sony BMG, and Time Warner, which recently spun off a company called Warner Music, but I say now, that I will boycott in investing in these companies by purchasing any of their stocks shares as it seems like the values that govern these companies have deteriorated to such a level that I myself am now disgusted. It's a wonder how these companies stay in business with their values and how so very few people, including the artists that are represented by these companies have spoken against them. I remember a couple years ago how I hear a news story on the news about how the media is now controlled by then a few major media companies by consolidating everything. Back then, everyone was scared of large corporations governing the media that we are exposed to, and I simply dismissed it as another more efficient way for a business/company to be run. But now, I would like to publicly rescind these beliefs as I am now exposed to the edge of the other more cruel aspect of consolidation of business. And it is by this experience I now understand the fear that large corporations represent in society.

No comments: